Life Science Cluster Oberhavel
is the collaborative effort of a consortium consisting of the bbb Biotechnologieverbund Berlin-Brandenburg e.V., the co:bios foundation and the Diagnostiknet-BB e.V.
The location Oberhavel has been home to an ever growing Life-Science-scene for the past 20 years. Innovative and dynamic, from startup to the Hidden Champion! Our companies are developing red biotechnology with an emphasis on diagnostics. The goal is to find and nurture the underlying investment and innovation potential – especially regarding the technological interfaces like, for example, Precision Medicine and eHealth. We believe that our key to success lies in our ability to react in a flexible and agile manner to constantly changing working and production conditions. In this, cooperation is vital.
- Life-Sciences Oberhavel is the Life-Science location north of Berlin. We represent the interests of over 60 Life-Science businesses. We empower the local businesses and those that would like to join us.- We market the Life Science location Oberhavel to the metropolitan region of Berlin Brandenburg, as well as on the national and international level.
- We support businesses in all questions regarding on-boarding, expansion, financing and subsidization, production, certification, logistics and marketing.
- We intensify the relations between our local actors and sound out new cooperative possibilities based on location.
- We foster networks between businesses, science and training institutions, politics and administration.
- Starting 2022 we are offering new, highly modern office and laboratorial spaces for expansion or on-boarding.
- We help to tap into new pools of potential skilled employees.
The project Partner
biotechnologie verbund berlin brandenburg e.V.
The Verein zur Förderung der Biotechnologie e.V. (est. 1994) and the Biotechnologieverband Berlin-Brandenburg e.V. fused to the Biotechnologieverbund Berlin-Brandenburg e.V. (bbb) on the 12th of march 1997.
The bbb currently counts about 170 members stemming from the fields of science, research, economy and the interested surroundings: people, institutions and businesses. We are active in Berlin and Brandenburg. The seat of our association is in Hennigsdorf by Berlin. Join the bbb in its work to design the framework and the development of this future technology in this region!
Further information on the bbb e.V. can be found here.
The BB region has provided central contributions to the advancement of the biosciences and is now a centre/gathering point for those fundamental sciences. The further development of these biosciences requires continuous support in research and training, as well as accompaniment in the public discourse. To this goal the co:bios foundation pledges itself. It acquires ressources, internationally as well, to further the biosciences in the region of Berlin Brandenburg.
The co:bios foundation was established in the year of 2000 as a joint initiative of the private and public sector. To fulfil its goals, the foundation is helped by its affiliate businesses, among others.
Further information on the co:bios foundation can be found here.
DiagnostikNet | BB
The DiagnostikNet | BB – est. 2007 – represents the concentrated competence of its members: highly innovative, developmentally strong businesses and internationally renowned research institutions from all parts of the In-Vitro-diagnostics in Berlin Brandenburg, 8 more federal states, as well as from Switzerland and France have united in a powerful network, which covers the whole In-Vitro-value chain.
Further information regarding the DNBB can be found here.